Carbon Dioxide Sensor - Hazardous Area Certified
Premier Series of InfraRed (IR) Gas Sensors
- Measurement ranges - 0-500ppm up to 0-5% Volume & 0-100% Volume CO2
- Operating voltage 3 to 5 volts dc, nominal current = 80mA
- Wide operating temperature range of -20 to +50 deg. C
- Output format options - Digital, Analogue or Pellistor Replacement
- Instantly converts existing compatible pellistor-based instruments to infrared
- Sensors can be factory configured to customer specifications
- User configurable via a configuration unit available from Dynament
- Internal 'Flash' memory enables firmware updates via the configuration unit
- Industry standard size - 20mm diameter x 16.6mm high (excluding pins)
- 3-pin (pellistor replacement) or 5-pin versions available
- Optional replaceable, self-adhesive micro porous 1 micron filter
These Carbon Dioxide sensors contain all the necessary optics, electronics and firmware to provide a linearized, temperature compensated output. The sensors provide equipment designers with a fast track route to introduce the latest infrared technology for detection of Carbon Dioxide gas without the requirement for any specialist knowledge.
They are contained in an Ex d stainless steel housing and are hazardous area certified to IECEx, ATEX and UL standards. The IECEx and ATEX certification also includes Group I (mining) certification. Further information.
The sensors can be used to measure Carbon Dioxide gas within a wide range of commercial and industrial applications. The standard measurement ranges that are available are:-
- 0-2% Volume
- 0-5% Volume
- 0-100% Volume
If you have a requirement for a particular non-standard range then please contact us and we will be please to assist you with your application.
A separately available Configuration Unit enables users to customise certain parameters within the Premier sensor in order to suit their particular requirements - see below.
Sensor Order Codes
The sensor order codes commence with the code MSH-P/CO2 followed by a number of other options such as the number of pins, bridge or voltage output, positive or negative supply etc.
Due to the wide number of variations available, we have published a data sheet that provides detailed instruction of the various options that make-up the ordering code information. To download a copy, click on the following link >> Ordering Details
The Premier Sensor Configuration unit enables users to customise certain parameters within the Premier sensor in order to suit their particular requirements. The unit is supplied complete with a PC software configuration package. Versions of the unit are available for either positive or negative supply sensors. Ordering details are as follows:
Positive version - Type P/CONFIG/POS
Negative version - Type P/CONFIG/NEG